Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Lourdes!


This is a card I made for my sister-in-law's birthday. She turned 39 on Sunday.

I used SU Kraft Cardstock, SU Textured Cardstock in Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo, SU Whimsical Wishes stamp with Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black, SU Linen Thread, SU Scallop Trim Border Punch, patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Home Photo Mats Blue and Sizzix Big Shot with Sizzix Originals Die - Flower Layers #3. I went a little crazy and decorated the SU Kraft envelope too! I tucked a piece of the patterned paper into the envelope and used my Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabbers on the edges.

My favorite part of this card is the flower. I rolled the edges of die
cut flowers in between my thumb and index finger until I reached the distress level I was pleased with. Because the SU textured cardstock is a good quality paper, the layers split leaving you with a beautiful flower that looks even better layered, I used 2 sizes on this card. I can't wait to make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment