Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Paper Flowers


I love these flowers!!

I learned how to make these from a YouTube tutorial I stumbled upon while checking out some Tim Holtz techniques. You can find the link below. The tutorial used Grungepaper and the Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Floral Bigz Die.

YouTube Grunge Flower Tutorial

This technique will work with any 6 petal flower. I cut my flowers using  Plantin Schoolbook and Sweet Treats Cricut cartridges. I inked the orange colored one with Ranger Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick and Spiced Marmalade. The blue one is inked with Distress Inks in Broken China and Dusty Concord, I stamped some of the petals with "love" to give it a more unique look.

With  ink, stamps, pattered paper...the possibilities are endless!


Head on over to my BFF's blog to check out her beauties!

http://cre8ted-by-juls.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kudos friend! You already know which flower I LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Monica :-) I am soooooo impressed with your work, and I must say a little jealous of those beautiful flowers. I thought I had every tool, gadget, embellishment, paper imaginable but you have shown me that the Sizzix will have to be the next addition to my scrapbook family.

    ReplyDelete